Objectives of thIS COURSE
After completion of this course, learner will be able to:
Ø Explains the appropriate site selection for bio-digester construction
Ø Hollow out as per the selected size and dimension of bio-digester
Ø Check the dimensions of the pit
Ø Construct the round wall of the digester
Ø Install the inlet pipe
Ø Fill the digester with earth/mud and shaping for dome casting
Ø Caste the dome
Ø Remove the earth/mud from inside the digester
Ø Make the inlet/slurry mixing tank
Ø Construct the slurry reservoir
Ø Construct the turret
Ø Compact the dome with earth/mud
Ø Plaster the inside of bio-digester
Ø Fit the main gas valve and gas exit pipe
Ø Pipe fitting to connect gas to burner and lamp
Ø Fit the pressure gauze and gas flow meter
Ø Maintenance of bio-digester
Ø Install Inlet and toilet pipe in correct height and position.
Ø Provide correct positioning of manhole opening
Ø Prepare Bill of Quantities for construction digester (BOQ)
Ø And explain the possible problems that can occur if the points that are mentioned are not followed.
- know about cooking practice in Rwanda;
- identify factors affecting cooking;
- compare traditional cooking stoves with improved cooking stoves.
- define biomass and types of biomass fuels;
- explain various biomass technologies;
- describe fossil fuels used for cooking.
- distinguish different types of biomass based cooking stoves;
- describe merits and demerits of traditional cooking stove;
- identify materials and tools used for cooking stove;
- construct cooking stove.
- illustrate the components of a cooking stove;
- know skills required for construction of improved cooking stove;
- identify ways of measuring efficiency;
- explain environmental benefits of improved cooking stove;
To help the producers understand the clay preparation methods for stoves production.
how to put together the metal and the
ceramic liner in order to have an improved stove.
- identify the benefits of improved cooking stove in society;
- list the major parameters of burning biomass.
- measure efficiency of cooking stove;
- compare the efficiencies of stoves.
- estimate the cost associated with production of cooking stove;
- apply the skill of construction of cooking stove;
- evaluate the construction according to checklist.
- evaluate merits and demerits of cooking stove;
- proceeds design principle and design process of a cooking stove.